New Photos

 Photo composition is really important if you wish to take some really good pictures and or improve the ones you have already. I went around town on my off day to see if I could capture some good pictures. I started off my journey by coming to the front of the school. The main path in the front of the university is a symbol of limestone and 9 times out of 10 it will be one of the first pictures you see when you look up the school. I decided to capture a picture of this path to exemplify Leading Lines. Leading lines is when there is a direct path that the photo wants your eyes to follow and in this case, it’s the brick walkway leading to the Curtis building.

Next up on my journey, I went to a near by parking lot on campus and asked if one of my buddies could drive my car around for me. It was an odd favor to ask but in doing so I was able to practice Panning. Essentially what panning is, is the art of capturing a motion picture. It can be a little tricky however but as long as you keep your camera steady and follow the object at around the same speed, you should be good! 
On my way back home, I was starting to pass a whole bunch of fast food restaurants with their bright lights contrasting with the dark sky. A very popular restaurant with an array of different colors is Cookout so I made a little pit stop. I got out of my car and took a picture of the drive through side, the one that is always visible. The red, blue, green and white all popped of the canvas due to the solid brick of the building as well as the night time sky. This showed both Figure to Ground/Simplify and Exaggerate by playing with the concept of contrast between the bright and dark color. 
Lastly, I took a picture of the sky while on my way to practice but I adjusted the color of the picture a little bit. I made the picture black and white so I could focus more on the Relationship between light and shadow without having any colorful distractions, so kind of like the opposite of what I just previously did at Cookout.






Comments

Popular Posts