Portrait Unbound

 Robert Weingarten is a famous photographer known for his Portrait Unbound artwork. Initially what it is is that you take phots and mix them together and or "unbound" them. For example, he did a picture of a women reading a book on her porch in a rocking chair with a sunset behind it. Throughout his videos, he shows his portraits and then elaborates on how he got the final product. I really like his approach on his pieces because he always makes sure that the images correlate for a special meaning. He then followed that up by adding a picture of musical notes behind it as seen in this video. He stated in his book "Traditional portraiture proceeds from the assumption that we can learn about a person by looking at their face. But crucial biographical truths are rarely visible on the surface." When I did mine, I do two that represent what my brand means. The first one I did, I used phots of myself while in the second one I used photos that represented what I was talking about without using my face.. My six photos represent professionalism, teamwork, being laid back, a family friendly environment, having a good time and winning. However, if you noticed I added a photo of myself when I was a kid but I made it black and white. The reasoning for this was to show what I did not want my brand to represent.



Comments

Popular Posts