Redesign Project

 This week we took a look at both advertisements as well as magazine covers. After doing so, we went back and redesigned them by changing up the picture a little bit but keeping the same message. For my advertisement, I decided to choose a plastic waste ad. In this ad it shows a turtle swimming around with a mask on. It also has a message with it showing data on the amount of masks that are thrown away on a daily basis as well as also stating that we should do a better job at disposing of these mask in a proper fashion. 

I took a spin to it by changing the mask wearing turtle to a glove wearing fish. The same message was presented but instead of talking about the amount of masks that are thrown away, I focused more on the gloves that are thrown away on a monthly basis. While also changing the font color to red to not only fit the background better but also draw more attention to it as well.

Next I altered a WIRED magazine cover. The initial cover displayed a wild fire with a big cloud of smoke coming from it and detailed the massive wild fire that took place last i year on the west coast. 

I kept the same message but used a different picture. Instead I used a picture that was a little bit more balanced, having both a lot of smoke as well as displaying fire.

Comments

Popular Posts